Summer Term Residence Availability!
Episcopal Chapel Center @ USF
The Episcopal Chapel Center will offer short term housing opportunities during the 2014 summer terms!
Summer “A” 5/12/14 to 6/20/14 $375 for the term
Summer “B” 6/30/14 to 8/8/14 $375 for the term
Summer “C” 5/12/14 to 7/18/14 $660 for the term
For more information and to apply for residency, click here
NOTE: PLEASE SPECIFY “SUMMER RESIDENT – TERM (A, B, or C)” on your application!
The Chapel Center seeks Interns for 2014-2015
The Chapel Center is a living/learning community!
- The Resident Interns worship, live, serve, and study together in Christian community.
- St. Anselm’s Episcopal Chapel Center is a unique Christian community of USF students who are focused on mission, service, and intentional living on the campus.
- Membership in the Episcopal Church is NOT a requirement to serve as an Intern. All are welcome!
- Balance is at the heart of our common life at the Chapel Center!
- Our Interns agree to the development of a mission project during residency, participate in weekly communal worship, and share in the responsibilities of community life. Please read our covenant document.
- Monthly Cost is only $300 per month! (Private Room)
- Includes use of: the common kitchen, washer/dryer (no charge), common living area with TV/Cable, Free WiFi throughout center, and quiet study space.
- The entire community shares a “home-cooked” community dinner every Tuesday night (no charge).
How to Apply
Applications must be received by July 1, 2014
Candidates will be considered based on applications that show a sincere commitment to the experience of intentional Christian community.
- Obtain two recommendation letters (from pastors, teachers, or mentors)
- Either complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM click here OR
- Download the PDF APPLICATION click here and mail it by July 1, 2014 to: The Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, Attn: The Rev. Canon Eric Cooter, 8005 25th Street East, Parrish FL, 34219
Contact Father Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-548-6027
The fall season brings a new school year and exciting developments to the USF Chapel Center! We welcome Fr Eric Cooter as our university chaplain. We are moving our weekly Eucharist to Tuesday nights at 7:00. We will be offering Noon Day Prayer on Tuesday and Thursday every week at the Marshall Center. We are exploring new opportunities for service in our Tampa neighborhood and study in our virtual community! Join us as we worship, serve, learn, and grow in fellowship in the year ahead!
A mission team from the Chapel Center will be traveling to Washington DC in just a few weeks during USF spring break. The trip will be an opportunity to worship in a variety of different settings, to serve with DC metro ministries, and to learn more about advocacy efforts in today’s Episcopal Church. The busy week will include:
For more information on how you can participate on this trip or help with student sponsorships, please contact Fr Jim Williamson.