Join our WAITING LIST - Resident Interns for Spring 2015.
- The Resident Interns worship, live, serve, and study together in Christian community.
- St. Anselm’s Episcopal Chapel Center is a unique Christian community of CURRENTLY ENROLLED USF students who are focused on mission, service, and intentional living on the campus.
- Membership in the Episcopal Church is NOT a requirement to serve as an Intern. All are welcome!
- Balance is at the heart of our common life at the Chapel Center!
- Our Interns develop a mission project during residency, participate in weekly communal worship, and share in the responsibilities of community life.
Monthly Cost is $225.00* for a double occupancy room ($325 Private Room, if available). *Spring 2015 Only
Includes use of: the common kitchen, washer/dryer (no charge), common living area with TV/Cable, Free WiFi throughout center, and quiet study space.
The entire community shares a “home-cooked” community dinner every Tuesday night (no charge).
How to Apply
Applications must be received by December 31, 2014
Candidates will be considered based on applications that show a sincere commitment to the experience of intentional Christian community.
- Obtain two recommendation letters (from pastors, teachers, or mentors)
- Either complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM click here OR
- Download the PDF APPLICATION click here and mail it by December 31, 2014 to: The Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, Attn: The Rev. Canon Eric Cooter, 8005 25th Street East, Parrish FL, 34219
Contact Father Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-548-602
“Food Truck Rally, Food Drive, and Concert on the Grass”
Mark your calendars for August 26, 2014 6:00 pm. To 8:30 pm.
St. Anselm’s Episcopal Chapel Center – USF will host a “Week of Welcome” event, filled with food, music, and great times!
- FOOD: ROAMING GOURMAND a Tampa community Food Truck offering fresh, local, street food will craft and sell delicious gourmet dishes.
- MUSIC: HIS WORD will perform! His Word is a local Christian band offering a unique combination of “worship and rock.” Please bring a lawn chair or blanket for the concert on the grass!
- FOOD DRIVE – We are collecting food for Metropolitan Ministries, a local food bank and social justice organization, serving folks in need from your own backyard. Two cans of non-perishable food is requested for entry, and the first 100 students who bring at least two (2) cans of food, will receive a $1 discount coupon for “Roaming Gourmand”
- OPEN HOUSE– Check out the St. Anselm’s community, a unique living/learning opportunity on campus that focuses on local mission work, intentional community, and leadership development
St. Anselm’s is located on the east side of campus at 12850 N 50th Street (Bullrunner route “A”). For more information, visit www.usfchapelcenter.org, email email@example.com, or call 813-988-1185.
The fall season brings a new school year and exciting developments to the USF Chapel Center! We welcome Fr Eric Cooter as our university chaplain. We are moving our weekly Eucharist to Tuesday nights at 7:00. We will be offering Noon Day Prayer on Tuesday and Thursday every week at the Marshall Center. We are exploring new opportunities for service in our Tampa neighborhood and study in our virtual community! Join us as we worship, serve, learn, and grow in fellowship in the year ahead!
A mission team from the Chapel Center will be traveling to Washington DC in just a few weeks during USF spring break. The trip will be an opportunity to worship in a variety of different settings, to serve with DC metro ministries, and to learn more about advocacy efforts in today’s Episcopal Church. The busy week will include:
For more information on how you can participate on this trip or help with student sponsorships, please contact Fr Jim Williamson.